How to Send a Car from Dubai to Pakistan?
Dubai, known for its lavish lifestyle and luxury cars, has become a hub for automobile enthusiasts. However, if you are planning to relocate to Pakistan or sell your car there, you might be wondering how to send your car from Dubai to Pakistan. In this article, we will discuss the process and requirements involved in shipping a car to Pakistan, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience.
There are two main shipping options available when it comes to sending a car from Dubai to Pakistan:
1. Ro-Ro (Roll-On Roll-Off): This method involves driving the car onto a specialized vessel, securing it in place, and shipping it to the destination. Ro-Ro is a cost-effective option but is only available for certain ports in Pakistan.
2. Container Shipping: This method involves placing the car inside a shipping container along with other goods and then shipping it to Pakistan. Container shipping offers more protection to your vehicle but is relatively more expensive.
1. Original vehicle ownership documents
2. Valid UAE driving license
3. Passport and visa copies
4. Emirates ID copy
5. Pakistan visa
6. Bill of lading (provided by shipping company)
7. Customs declaration form
8. Insurance documents
9. Original purchase invoice
10. No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Dubai Traffic Police
1. Obtain NOC: Visit the Dubai Traffic Police department and apply for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for exporting your vehicle. This document is mandatory and ensures that there are no pending fines or issues with the vehicle.
2. Choose a Shipping Company: Research and select a reputable shipping company that specializes in car shipping to Pakistan. Ensure they have experience and knowledge about the documentation and customs requirements.
3. Prepare the Car: Clean your car thoroughly, remove any personal belongings, and take pictures for insurance purposes. Ensure there are no leakages or mechanical issues that might cause problems during transportation.
4. Submit Documents: Provide all the required documents to the shipping company and pay the necessary fees. They will guide you through the process and assist you in preparing the necessary paperwork.
5. Shipping and Customs Clearance: Once your car reaches the port in Pakistan, it will go through customs clearance. You will need to pay customs duties, taxes, and any other applicable fees. The shipping company will handle this process on your behalf.
6. Vehicle Registration: After clearing customs, you can proceed with registering your car in Pakistan. Follow the local registration requirements and pay the necessary fees to obtain new license plates.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How long does it take to ship a car from Dubai to Pakistan?
The shipping time can vary depending on factors such as the shipping method, port availability, and customs clearance. On average, it can take around 2-4 weeks.
2. Can I ship a car that is financed or leased?
Yes, you can ship a financed or leased car, but you must obtain written permission from the finance or leasing company.
3. Can I include personal items in the car during shipping?
It is generally not recommended to include personal items in the car during shipping, as it may lead to complications with customs clearance.
4. What insurance options are available for shipping a car?
You can opt for marine insurance to protect your car during transportation. Consult with the shipping company to explore insurance options.
5. Are there any restrictions on the age or type of cars that can be shipped?
The Pakistani government has restrictions on importing cars older than three years. Additionally, luxury and high-end cars may have additional taxes and duties.
6. Can I track the progress of my car during shipping?
Many shipping companies offer tracking services, allowing you to monitor the progress of your car during transportation.
7. Can I ship a non-running car?
Yes, you can ship a non-running car, but it may require additional arrangements and costs. Inform the shipping company in advance about the condition of your car.
In conclusion, shipping a car from Dubai to Pakistan involves proper documentation, selection of a reliable shipping company, and complying with customs requirements. By following the outlined process and being aware of the FAQs, you can successfully send your car to Pakistan and begin your new journey with ease.