How Much Is Veneer in Philippines: A Complete Guide
Veneer is a popular choice for enhancing the aesthetic appeal of furniture, cabinets, and other wooden surfaces. It provides a natural wood finish without the hefty price tag of solid wood. If you’re considering veneer for your next project, you may be wondering about the cost. In this article, we will explore the price range of veneer in the Philippines, along with some frequently asked questions about this versatile material.
Veneer Price Range in the Philippines
The cost of veneer in the Philippines can vary depending on various factors such as the type of wood, thickness, quality, and supplier. On average, veneer prices start at around ₱500 ($10) per square meter and can go up to ₱3,000 ($60) per square meter for high-end options. The price range is quite broad due to the availability of different types of veneers, each with its own unique characteristics and cost factors.
Types of Veneer
1. Natural Veneer: Natural veneer is made from thin slices of real wood, providing an authentic and rich appearance. It is available in various species, including oak, walnut, mahogany, and cherry. Prices for natural veneer can range from ₱500 to ₱2,000 ($10 to $40) per square meter, depending on the wood species.
2. Engineered Veneer: Engineered veneer is manufactured by laminating thin layers of real wood onto a core material, such as plywood or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). It offers a wide range of patterns and colors, making it an affordable alternative to natural veneer. Engineered veneer prices typically range from ₱500 to ₱1,500 ($10 to $30) per square meter.
3. Recon Veneer: Recon veneer, short for reconstituted veneer, is engineered to resemble natural wood species that may be rare or endangered. It is an eco-friendly option that offers consistency in color and grain pattern. Recon veneer prices can range from ₱500 to ₱3,000 ($10 to $60) per square meter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Is veneer as durable as solid wood?
Veneer is generally less durable than solid wood, but it can still last for many years with proper care. It is important to avoid excessive moisture and direct sunlight, as these can cause the veneer to warp or fade.
2. Can veneer be used in high-moisture areas, such as bathrooms or kitchens?
While veneer can be used in these areas, it is recommended to choose a moisture-resistant veneer or apply a protective finish to prevent water damage.
3. Can veneer be stained or painted?
Yes, veneer can be stained or painted to achieve the desired color or finish. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and use compatible products to ensure a successful outcome.
4. Can veneer be repaired if damaged?
Minor scratches or dents on veneer can often be repaired using wood fillers or touch-up kits specifically designed for veneer. However, extensive damage may require replacing the affected section.
5. How should veneered furniture be cleaned?
To clean veneered furniture, use a soft, damp cloth and mild soap or wood cleaner. Avoid abrasive cleaners or excessive scrubbing, as these can damage the veneer surface.
6. Can veneer be used for exterior applications?
Veneer is primarily designed for indoor use. However, there are specialized types of veneer, such as exterior-grade veneer, that can withstand outdoor conditions.
7. Can I install veneer myself?
While it is possible to install veneer yourself, it is recommended to hire a professional to ensure a proper and seamless installation. This will help avoid mistakes and achieve the best possible result.
In conclusion, the cost of veneer in the Philippines varies depending on factors such as wood type, thickness, quality, and supplier. Natural veneer, engineered veneer, and recon veneer are the primary options available, each with its own price range. Veneer can be a cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing alternative to solid wood, but it requires proper maintenance to ensure its longevity. If you’re considering veneer for your next project, consult with a reputable supplier or professional to determine the best option for your needs and budget.