How to Call Zimbabwe From the US
Zimbabwe, a landlocked country in Southern Africa, is a popular destination for travelers seeking adventure and cultural experiences. If you have friends, family, or business associates in Zimbabwe, staying connected through phone calls is essential. However, calling Zimbabwe from the US can be a little daunting due to the international dialing codes and potential costs. In this article, we will guide you through the process of calling Zimbabwe from the US, ensuring you can stay connected with your loved ones or business partners without any hassle.
Step-by-Step Guide to Call Zimbabwe from the US
1. Check the time difference: Before making a call to Zimbabwe, it’s important to be aware of the time difference. Zimbabwe operates on Central Africa Time (CAT), which is either 7 or 8 hours ahead of US Eastern Standard Time (EST), depending on daylight saving time.
2. Dial the international access code: To make an international call from the US, start by dialing the international access code, which is “011.”
3. Enter Zimbabwe’s country code: The country code for Zimbabwe is “263.” Dial this number after the international access code.
4. Include the area code: Zimbabwe has various area codes, depending on the region you are calling. For example, the area code for Harare, the capital city, is “4.” Make sure to include the relevant area code after the country code.
5. Dial the phone number: After entering the country and area codes, dial the remaining digits of the phone number you wish to reach in Zimbabwe.
6. Consider using a calling card or VoIP service: International calling rates can be expensive, especially when calling Zimbabwe. To save money, consider using a calling card or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service, such as Skype or Google Voice. These services often offer lower rates for international calls.
7. Check your phone plan: Before making international calls, check your phone plan to see if it includes international calling minutes or if there are any additional charges. Some phone carriers offer international calling packages that can help reduce costs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How much does it cost to call Zimbabwe from the US?
The cost of calling Zimbabwe from the US varies depending on your phone carrier and the plan you have. International calling rates can range from a few cents per minute to several dollars. It is recommended to check with your phone carrier for specific rates.
2. Can I use WhatsApp or other messaging apps to call Zimbabwe?
Yes, you can use messaging apps like WhatsApp, Skype, or FaceTime to make calls to Zimbabwe. However, both you and the recipient need to have the app installed and a stable internet connection. This method can be cost-effective if you have access to Wi-Fi.
3. Are there any restrictions on calling Zimbabwe from the US?
There are no specific restrictions on calling Zimbabwe from the US. However, it is always advisable to check your phone carrier’s terms and conditions, as they might have certain limitations or require additional charges for international calls.
4. Can I call a Zimbabwean cell phone from the US?
Yes, you can call a Zimbabwean cell phone from the US. Simply follow the steps mentioned above, including the country code “263” and the cell phone number, which typically starts with “7” or “77.”
5. What is the best time to call Zimbabwe from the US?
Considering the time difference, it is best to call Zimbabwe during their daytime hours, preferably between 9 am and 5 pm CAT. This ensures that you are not calling too early or too late, respecting the recipient’s time.
6. How reliable are the phone networks in Zimbabwe?
Phone networks in Zimbabwe can vary in terms of reliability and coverage. It is advisable to check with your contacts in Zimbabwe about the network they use and its reliability in their area. Additionally, using a VoIP service over a stable internet connection can be a more consistent option.
7. Are there any alternatives to calling Zimbabwe from the US?
Apart from traditional phone calls, there are alternative communication methods available. These include email, instant messaging apps, and social media platforms. These alternatives can be more convenient and cost-effective, depending on the nature of your communication.
In conclusion, calling Zimbabwe from the US is a straightforward process once you are familiar with the dialing codes and options available. Remember to check for international calling packages or consider using a calling card or VoIP service to save on costs. Stay connected with your loved ones or business associates in Zimbabwe and enjoy seamless communication regardless of the distance.