How to Check My MTN Number in Nigeria
If you are an MTN user in Nigeria, there might be times when you need to know your own phone number. Whether you just bought a new SIM card or have forgotten your number, checking your MTN number is a simple process. In this article, we will guide you on how to check your MTN number in Nigeria, along with some frequently asked questions and their answers.
How to Check Your MTN Number
There are several methods you can use to check your MTN number in Nigeria. Here are the most commonly used ones:
1. Dial *123#:
– Dial *123# on your MTN line.
– A menu will appear on your screen.
– Select “Account Information” and press send.
– Choose “My Number” and press send.
– Your MTN phone number will be displayed on your screen.
2. Call Customer Care:
– Dial 180 from your MTN line.
– Follow the voice prompts and select the option to speak with a customer care representative.
– Once connected, ask the representative to provide you with your phone number.
3. Send a Free SMS:
– Compose a new text message.
– Type “MYNUMBER” (without the quotes) in the message body.
– Send the message to 663.
– You will receive an SMS containing your MTN number.
4. Check the SIM Pack:
– If you still have the SIM pack, check the backside where the barcode is printed.
– Your MTN number should be printed near the barcode.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Can I check my MTN number on a different phone?
– Yes, you can use the above methods on any phone, as long as you have your MTN SIM card inserted.
2. I have lost my SIM pack. How can I check my MTN number?
– You can use the methods mentioned above to check your MTN number without the need for the SIM pack.
3. How long does it take to receive the SMS with my MTN number?
– Usually, the SMS with your MTN number is received within a few seconds. However, it can take up to a few minutes in some cases.
4. Can I check my MTN number online?
– Unfortunately, MTN does not provide an online service to check your phone number. You will need to use one of the methods mentioned above.
5. Can I check my MTN number while roaming?
– Yes, you can use the methods mentioned above even when you are roaming, as long as you have a network connection.
6. What do I do if the methods mentioned above do not work?
– If you are unable to check your MTN number using the methods mentioned above, it is advisable to visit the nearest MTN service center for assistance.
7. Can I check my MTN number on a non-MTN phone?
– Yes, you can use the methods mentioned above on any phone, regardless of the network provider. However, make sure you have the MTN SIM card inserted.
In conclusion, checking your MTN number in Nigeria is a quick and straightforward process. Whether you choose to dial a USSD code, call customer care, send an SMS, or check your SIM pack, you can easily retrieve your MTN phone number. Remember to keep your number handy for future reference.