Where to Stay In Puebla, Mexico: A Guide to the Best Accommodations
Puebla, Mexico, often referred to as the “City of Angels,” is a vibrant and culturally rich destination located just a few hours southeast of Mexico City. With its colonial architecture, colorful streets, and delicious cuisine, Puebla has become a popular tourist spot for both locals and international travelers. If you’re planning a visit to this beautiful city, you may be wondering where to stay. In this article, we will guide you through the best accommodations in Puebla, from luxury hotels to budget-friendly options, ensuring you find the perfect place to call home during your stay.
1. La Purificadora: Located in the heart of the city, this boutique hotel offers stunning views of the historic center and is housed in a beautifully restored 19th-century factory. With its modern design, rooftop pool, and excellent service, La Purificadora is the go-to choice for those seeking a luxurious experience.
2. Quinta Real Puebla: Situated in a former convent from the 16th century, this luxury hotel combines traditional Mexican decor with modern amenities. The lush gardens, spacious rooms, and gourmet restaurants make Quinta Real Puebla a top choice for discerning travelers.
3. Rosewood Puebla: This five-star hotel is known for its elegant colonial-style architecture and impeccable service. With its luxurious rooms, rooftop pool, and panoramic views of the city, Rosewood Puebla ensures an unforgettable stay.
1. Hotel Cartesiano: Located within walking distance of the Zocalo, Hotel Cartesiano is a charming boutique hotel that seamlessly blends colonial architecture with contemporary design. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, and the hotel’s restaurant, Centena Cuatro, offers a delicious fusion of Mexican and international cuisine.
2. Mesón Sacristía de la Compañía: This quaint hotel is housed in a 17th-century building and features beautifully decorated rooms with traditional Mexican artwork and furnishings. Guests can enjoy the hotel’s courtyard, spa services, and the acclaimed La Sacristía restaurant, which serves authentic Pueblan dishes.
1. Hostal Casona Poblana: For budget-conscious travelers, Hostal Casona Poblana offers comfortable dormitory-style rooms and private rooms at affordable prices. The hostel’s central location, friendly staff, and communal kitchen make it a popular choice among backpackers.
2. Hotel Royalty: Situated near the Zocalo, Hotel Royalty provides budget-friendly accommodation without compromising on comfort. The hotel offers clean and simple rooms, a 24-hour reception, and a rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.
Q: What is the best area to stay in Puebla?
A: The best area to stay in Puebla is the historic center, also known as the Zocalo. This area is home to many of the city’s main attractions, including the impressive Puebla Cathedral and the colorful Callejon de los Sapos. Staying in the historic center allows for easy access to Puebla’s cultural landmarks, restaurants, and shops.
Q: Is it safe to stay in Puebla?
A: Puebla is generally considered a safe city for tourists. Like any other destination, it’s important to take basic safety precautions such as avoiding isolated areas at night and keeping an eye on your belongings. However, Puebla’s historic center is well-policed and frequented by tourists, making it a relatively safe area to stay.
Q: How do I get around in Puebla?
A: Puebla has a well-connected public transportation system, including buses and taxis. The city is also pedestrian-friendly, with many attractions located within walking distance from each other. Alternatively, you can explore the city by renting a bike or using ride-hailing apps like Uber.
Q: What are some must-visit attractions in Puebla?
A: Some must-visit attractions in Puebla include the Puebla Cathedral, the Amparo Museum, and the Church of Santo Domingo. Additionally, a visit to the nearby Cholula, home to the Great Pyramid of Cholula, is highly recommended.
In conclusion, Puebla offers a wide range of accommodation options to suit every traveler’s needs. Whether you’re looking for luxury, mid-range, or budget-friendly accommodations, you’ll find plenty of choices in this charming Mexican city. With its rich history, vibrant culture, and delicious cuisine, Puebla promises an unforgettable experience for all who visit.